Summer Schedule Update

Hello Everyone,

We are writing to update you on the camp schedule for this summer.  Before we go into the details, we first want to say that we hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy during this unprecedented pandemic.  We also want to thank all of you for your patience as you wait for decisions about our summer plans.

Despite the uncertainty, we are excited and hopeful for another great Greenbrier summer!  At the same time, we are realistic about the problems and health concerns created by Covid-19.  Rest assured, we will not make any decisions without first considering the health and safety of all of our campers and staff, and their extended families at home.  With that in mind, the plans for BOYS CAMP, the LEADERSHIP ACADEMY, and HOUSE PARTY, are as follows:

Plan A – Regular Schedule:  On or before May 25, 2020, we will decide whether we can have the regularly scheduled First Session (June 28 – July 18, 2020, followed by Second Term and House Party).  If yes, great!  If no, then on to Plan B!

Plan B – 2-Week Sessions Beginning in July:  On or before June 15, 2020, we will decide whether camp can hold two, 2-week sessions, starting on July 19.  First Session would be July 19 – August 1, 2020.  Second Session would be August 2 – August 15, 2020.  And House Party would be August 16 – 30, 2020.  If this can’t happen, on to Plan C!

Plan C – Camp in August: On or before July 15, 2020, we will decide whether camp can be held at any time in August. If the answer to this question is yes, we will also determine the dates for Boys Camp, the Leadership Academy, and House Party by July 15, 2020.

If Plan A can’t happen, Boys Camp families will need to decide whether to sign their camper up for one or both of the Plan B sessions, or withdraw completely.  Leadership Academy families will need to decide whether to sign their camper up for either Plan B, Session 1, or Plan B, Session 2, or withdraw completely.  And House Party guests will need to let us know their new dates, or withdraw completely.

Fees if You Change Sessions.  If you move your camper to a Plan B session, or sessions, the camp fee will be based on the fee you established when you originally signed your camper up, on a prorated weekly basis.  For example, if you signed up in November, 2019, and the camp fee was $3,000.00 for the three-week session, it will be $1,000.00 per week for any Plan B time period ($2,000.00 for two weeks, or $4,000.00 for four weeks).  In this scenario, Leadership Academy participants would also pay $2,000.00 for their 2-week, Plan B session.  If you end up paying too much, because you have moved your camper to a shorter session, refunds will be sent out as soon as possible.  House Party guest fees will not change; they will still be charged at the previously set daily rate.

Fees for Boys Camp and Leadership Academy Withdrawals or if We Are Unable to Have Camp:  If at any time during this process a family decides that they must completely withdraw their camper(s), or if we are unable to have camp (Boo!), there are two options.  First, families can request a full refund.  This will be paid as soon as possible after the request is made.  Second, families can choose to move their camper to the 2021 summer and lock in the fee they would have paid in 2020 for the 2021 summer.  In order to take advantage of the roll over to 2021 savings, the full 2020 camp fee must be paid no later than July 20, 2020 – the reason for this follows.

If our summer is shortened (a very real possibility), or cancelled altogether (let’s hope not but also a possibility), Camp Greenbrier will face a very difficult financial situation.  This situation will be particularly acute if we have to refund everyone’s camp fees and House Party deposits at one time this summer.  As you can imagine, much of our spending in preparation for camp is done long before the summer.  This is why we are offering families the choice to roll their camp fees over to the 2021 summer and paying the 2020 fees in full by July 20, 2020.  This will lock in the 2020 rates for families while also helping us immensely with the financial pressures we are sure to face.  And as always, you can get a full refund for all fees if you withdraw at any time prior to May 1, 2021.

When to Contact Us:  If possible, please wait until after May 25, 2020, to make decisions about changes to Plan B sessions, withdrawals, rolling camp fees over to 2021, or changing House Party dates, if these things are necessary.  Of course, if it can’t wait, it is fine for you to contact us prior to that date about anything.

Thank you again for your patience during this crisis.  We will be in touch with you soon!

Best,

Will & the Camp Family

© Camp Greenbrier, All Rights Reserved 2020